Wheel drives are used as track drives and are fitted with heavy duty tapered roller bearings where the mass of the machine can be carried by the gearboxes. The rotating part of the wheel housings can be designed for the direct mounting of a wheel or for the mounting of sprockets such as for excavators. As standard, the gearboxes are designed for hydraulic motors and equipped with hydraulically released parking brakes. If required, Aandrijf Technisch Buro can also fit these wheel drives with an input for electric motors or special inputs.
Characteristics of wheel drives
- Design for both wheeldrive and trackdrive
- Output maximum torque up to 900,000 Nm
- Many different ratios possible
- Mechanical seals as a seal, protecting against dirty environments
- Self-supporting design with large tapered bearings
- Optional material, product and test certificate from manufacturer, ATEX certificate or external certification bodies such as DNV, ABS, Lloyd’s, Bureau Veritas, GL and so on.