Screw jacks consist of an aluminium or cast iron housing in which is equiped with a worm gear set. This drives a trapezoidal screw or ball screw. A distinction is made between a translating screw or rotating screw with a traveling nut.
The screw jacks from our partner Setec, have a maximum load of 150 tonnes, or 1,500 kN each. This means that considerable masses can be moved linearly in both horizontal and vertical movements, and both pulling and pushing.
Characteristics of screw jacks
- Aluminium housing for units from 500 kg to 10,000 kg
- Cast iron housing for units from 5,000 kg to 150,000 kg
- Choice of trapezoidal or ball screw for both translating and traveling nut versions
- Single or double cylindrical input shaft with key or IEC motor connection
- Optionally equipped with stainless steel screw, protective bellow, protective tube, stop nut, limit switches, anti-rotation, trunnion and so on