Helical worm gear units, also known as a helical worm geared motors, are characterised by their right angle design and easy mounting, which makes them ideal to build close to the machine. The difference from bevel helical units is mainly price and efficiency.
The units, manufactured by our Turkish partner I.Mak, are characterised by high quality internal gearing and alignment, which makes them run very quietly and vibration is negligible. The monoblocks are made of cast iron and have a sleek finish in any desired colour. Application areas include, for example, drives for conveyors, mixers, handling systems, crushers and as travel drives.
Characteristics of helical worm geared motors
- Output torque from 415 Nm to 4,820 Nm
- Standard output shaft of 25 mm to 70 mm in diameter
- In terms of price and efficiency between worm gear drives and spiral bevel units
- Direct motor mounting or by IEC connection
- Numerous options possible, such as special input and output shaft, reinforced bearings, ATEX certification and so on.
- Electric motors in many variants and many options such as brakes, PTCs, encoder, rain cover and so on.