Slewing gearboxes or slewing drives are used for slewing or rotating various applications. Examples include cranes, thruster systems, aerial work platforms and facade maintenance installations. A slewing gearbox is a gearbox with a pinion on the output shaft that rotates in a slewing ring bearing.
Slewing gearboxes are suitable for mounting hydraulic motors as well as electric motors and with or without hydraulic or electric (holding) brake.
Why choose slewing gearboxes?
- Output torque as standard up to 460,000 Nm
- Pinions assembled from shafts or with shaft and pinion in one piece, optionally ground to obtain a better tooth surface
- Optional pinions made of special materials with treatment methods to achieve extra high charpy values, including test certificates
- Suitable for mounting electric motors or hydraulic motors, with or without hydraulic or electric lifting (holding) brakes
- Optional material, product and test certificate from manufacturer, ATEX certificate or external certification bodies such as DNV, ABS, Lloyd’s, Bureau Veritas, GL and so on.