Aandrijf Technisch Buro supplies a wide range of gear couplings from the Italian manufacturer Northon Trasmissioni. These are produced entirely from steel. Northon has a production site with many machines for cutting the teeth in all the required module sizes. Suitable for a rated torque of up to 15,700,000 Nm with a peak torque of 31,400,000 Nm.
Geared couplings are widely used in the market, but mainly in applications in which large torques must be transmitted, such as on the output shaft of a gearbox.
Characteristics of gear couplings
- Suitable for up to 15,700,000 Nm nominal torque
- With a maximum peak torque of up to 31,400,000 Nm
- Speeds of up to 10,200 rpm possible on small models
- Maximum permissible bore with keyway is 1,180 mm
- Many versions in terms of hub length, sealing, mounting position and so on.
- Optionally available with brake drum or brake disc