Fluid couplings are used as a starting coupling where the oil filling ensures a slow start and high torque. They are even available with an optional pre-chamber for extra slow running.
The couplings are widely used in conveyors, mixers, crushers and shredders where there is often a risk of stopping the drive while the process is still filled with material. A fluid coupling is an excellent solution for this.
Characteristics of fluid couplings
- Suitable for motor powers of 0.25 kW to 2,300 kW with maximum speed of 3,000 rpm
- Versions with v-belt pulley, (gear) coupling, brake drum, brake disc, pre-chamber and so on.
- Bore for motor shaft with pilot bore or tapered clamping bushing depending on size
- Monitoring system f.e. with a fusible plug, mechanical switch or infrared measurement
- Couplings can be supplied with ATEX certificate on request